What is a Memory card: Everyone must have known about cards. But still, in today’s post, I am going to give you information about memory cards. Whenever you watch the video on your mobile. Watch movies or listen to songs.
So we always mention this name. That we have to go to the mobile shop in our memory card and put songs film videos in it. But at present, the trend of memory cards is going away. People are directly listening to movie videos and songs through the internet.
Meaning the memory you used to have earlier. And you put everything in it and then watch and listen. But now we don’t need him anymore. So let’s get to know once what is a memory card and how does it work.
What is a Memory card?
It is an electronic device. We also call this a memory chip. Through this, you can store and keep the data.
Through this, we can store photos, videos, and songs. It is the smallest storage device in the world. which is portable. We run it by putting it on a mobile device. Through this, we can keep the data safe together.
It is also called an HD card by many people, it can be run on electronic devices only.
Like smartphones, digital cameras, mobiles, and video games, you can easily exchange data through memory cards and it is also secure.
How memory card works
As we said it is a portable device. Which is kept in mobile. And you can also share it. It works to store data.
And it works completely different from other device storage. It stores the data. And with the help of power, it does not work. It does not require power to work. If you are thinking of using a memory card.
So you will need an electronic device to use it. Like mobile phone smartphone digital cameras etc. This type of readable device is required. With this, you can use it on a laptop also. And so many computers have come. Which has a memory card installed board.
With this, if the option of installing it is not given on your computer. So you can also connect it to your computer with the help of a USB. The amount of data in the memory card. That data is stored through electronic series.
A short history of memory cards
It was invented by Fujio Masuoka in 1880. He connected the memory card to the PC in the year 1990. And today it is used to connect input-output devices in every company.
Similarly, in the year 1994, different types of memory cards came on the market. Such as compacts, flash disks, smart media, etc. How many computers are there in today’s time? And with this, the smartphone in which the SD card can be installed.
The memory cards that used to come in the beginning. Their storage capacity was also very less. But their value used to be high.
But today more powerful storage memory SD cards have arrived. And their value has also been greatly reduced. And people can easily buy this memory.
- It can be taken anywhere.
- If it is small, then we can keep it in the pocket.
- The storage device of the memory card is very high.
- In this, we can easily store and keep a lot of data.
- We can connect it to more than one device.
- Memory card data can be transferred to other storage devices.
- We can also easily lose the memory card.
- Memory cards are slightly more expensive than other storage devices.
- If the memory is touched, again and again, it can also get spoiled.
- The chances of memory damage are high.
Major causes of memory card failure.
- Repeatedly inserting and removing the memory card in the device is more likely to damage it.
- If a file gets corrupted in the memory, then there is a high possibility of the memory card getting damaged.
- Taking the memory card out of the device also damages the memory card.
- If it is removed while formatting the memory card then it gets damaged.
- It is damaged even if the memory card is inserted incorrectly while connected to the device
Frequently asked questions
Why use a memory card?
We use memory cards to store data. With the help of this, we can keep the photo taken on our mobile. You can record videos and keep songs uploaded.
How many types of memory?
there are two main types of memory?
- SDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity)
- SDXC (Secure Digital Extended Capacity)
Which company has the best memory?
The company is so many. Let us know what makes a memory. What are the names of all those companies, but I will tell you the names of the main companies among them?
I will just tell you this. Along with the computer memory, you must have come to know about the memory card in this post. With this, you want to get more information. So you will get the latest information on this website of ours and you will also get information related to computers, along with this, if you like this post, then definitely share it with your friends. Thank you