What is Primary or Secondary data Every person compiles data according to his need. But this data is collected in two types i.e. –
What is primary data?
When any data is collected from beginning to end for the first time by an organization or researcher.
So much data is called primary data or primary data. This is the original data. That is, such data is collected afresh for the first time. It is called primary data.
- It is assembled anew.
- It costs a lot of money to collect it.
- It is very accurate.
- It is very suitable.
- Primary data is very reliable.
- But it also costs a lot of time.
- At the same time, manpower is also needed, that is, people are also needed.
- There is also difficulty in collecting data.
What is Secondary Data?
Secondary data or secondary data is that data. Which has already been collected by an organization or researcher.
And the new researcher prepares new information using this already collected data. Like if you already have the data on the population of India.
So you can easily find out from that what percentage of people are literate in your city, and what percentage of people are illiterate.
But you got that data from the data of the population of India already collected, so this data will be called secondary data.
- Collected data is used by someone else.
- Very little money is spent on collecting secondary data.
- Secondary data is much less accurate.
- Secondary data is not considered very suitable.
- Secondary data) is much less reliable.
- It also consumes very little time because it is prepared in advance.
- People are not needed.
- There is also some difficulty in collecting data.